Convert autocomplete.dat to nk2
For some reason I couldn’t get the normal move autocomplete.dat files to appdata and rename to work. I found this workaround.
There might be an easier way, but this is the way that I was able to get it to work
- Download nk2edit
- Open the stream autocomplete files in nk2Edit %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache\stream_Autocomplete_*
- Select all with ctrl+A the right click on any of them and hit “Copy with tab delimit”
- Open a new excel or calc workbook and paste the previous data into it
- Then you delete the first column. This can be done by hitting the A at the top then the DELETE key.
- Then you have to highlight all boxes and right click cut
- Then paste those into column at (or just delete column A and move everything to it)
- After you cut all of the .dat files and paste them into the .csv
- Go to calc or excel and save as csv
- Click file > new nk2
- Action > Add records from simple csv file.
- Find the csv file.
- Make sure everything looks right
- Save nk2
How to import into outlook
- Move saved nk2 file to AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook and rename it to the name of the outlook profile
- Then open the run box win+r then type outlook.exe /importnk2
- Once opened up autocomplete should be back
<- OTHERS ->